Monday 27 June 2016

Instruction from yourself

Hi

Its been quite a while since my last post, probably suffering from POST traumatic stress; anyway back up and running.

I have been rather busy on the etching front and of course working month on month off at sea but am home now and mostly likely on a permanent basis so its up and trying to start an etching business.

I have been getting lots of practise in since Christmas with over 50 glasses and around 20 coasters made for people so getting the business moving along nicely.
I am hoping to change a few things in the future concerning the blog, one of the reasons I was not keeping it up is that they is only so much knowledge in my little brain and I had mostly exhausted the little I had and reading about me making glasses day in day out will be a yawn fest; SO

As the saying goes this is where you the audience sings along.

Most of the people reading this will be very talented in the field of not only glass etching but also in deep carving, shading, engraving, subject designing, software, inlay, gold leafing, glass painting, photographic half toning, bottle etching, paver etching, light stand making, glue chipping, glass painting, edge chipping, glass cutting etc etc.

A lot of you people have all of this knowledge rattling around in your heads with no outlet for passing it on, well now I am offering an outlet.

The idea is very simple, just like Instructables, it can either be a step by step tuition in photographic form or photo and video format. Under each photo is the detailed explanation of how your process is achieved, add links to other aspects or people doing the same thing, however you want.

All you would have to do is to photograph your subject and write up in a word document and send your pictures to me, I will upload the photographs / video and do the write up. All credit will be given to the author with a photo of yourself if you wish and a link to your site or Facebook page, hopefully this will take off and a comprehensive training package can be put together. 

I have wrote to a couple of gifted people in the hope of there inclusion with one affirmative and one not answering.

It only takes 1 person to get the ball rolling

So if you wish to join in then please let me know.

Paul


No comments:

Post a Comment